Friday 6 August 2010

Monday

As the light to sew by was not very good in the evening, I got up early everyday while everyone was still sleeping, to sew in my new playroom, the conservatory at the back of the farmhouse.
I loves being there in the peace and quiet watching the cows out of the windows, a wonderful start to the day.
Two weeks before our holiday, my mother fell over and hurt her leg/hip. She is not one to make a fuss and had said she was fine. When I got there on Friday I saw she was not and she agreed to use her crutch she had been given when she had her hip replaced several years ago. Having decided that it was helping, Mum thought two might be better still, so while Alan spent time in his model shop I went round Camborne trying to but another crutch-unsuccessfully.
We then stopped at Erth so I could get some beads for my wall hanging and Diane had sent me a list too! Then it was on to Porthleven where we stayed four years ago. It was lovely that it had not changed at all since we were last there. Had a lovely time beach combing, looking in rock pools and watching the family playing in the sand.


Then back in the car to drive to the most southerly fish and chip shop on the UK mainland at the Lizard. I just loved the fire engine!


Unfortunately the lighthouse, which was built in 1752, was closed by this time, but we walked down to the edge of the cliffs and we were lucky enough to see seals basking in the sea. We got back to the farmhouse just as the sun was setting.

1 comment:

Diane Kelsey said...

Hope you had fun shopping! Thanks for the offer to shop on my behalf.