Tuesday 10 August 2010

Hands and feet sorted.

As you can see by my picture 'Bess' has now got some hands. I had some Artgirlz charms from Rainbow Silks some time ago which are just the right size. As they were silver I have coloured them with Pitch Black alcohol ink. After stitching in place I have added a velvet cuff with a pearl on it. For her feet, I have used a push mold with 'Delight', it is similar to Model Magic, very light and air dries, but has a slightly different feel to it. These will take at least 24 hours to dry, before I can paint them.

I have been using my new toy/gadget this evening as I then went onto work on my wall hanging. It is a sticky bead mat I got my GJ Beads last week. The beads and needles stick to the mat and don't fall off even when held up-right as in the photo. I don't know if they have been around long, but it is the first time I have seen them and much better than the traditional felt bead mat I have used in the past. Very reasonable price too!

No comments: