Monday, 9 August 2010

'Monarch Butterfly'

This evening I have managed to finish painting and stitching the wings. I have made them from Lutradur 100, wired edges, painted with Lumiere and acrylic paints. Once the wings were attached, I was able to sew the crown in place.
The wings were made in one piece.

I just need to work out her hands and feet.



More bead dyeing, this time with alcohol inks. I used Adirondack Butterscotch, Peach Melba and Red Pepper.


3 comments:

Gina said...

She's fabulous!

The Happy Apple said...

She's simply wonderful. I'm still smiling.

Diane Kelsey said...

She really does have a regal look about her. Facially she looks like Queen E II. Wonderful work, you must be very pleased. Think need slipper shoes with a kitten heel.