I have finished my vessel completely now. I painted the' fabric' to match the vessel. When I was 10, I had a Beatles brooch in the shape of a guitar with the faces of the Beatles under a plastic cover. I decided to make my flower centres in a similar manner. I had photocopied and reduced the images that I needed, Tim Holtz Distress inks was used to age the pictures and then coated with Glossy Accents to seal it.
Tonight is my first evening at home since Saturday and an added bonus was the fact that I had it to myself :0) . My butterfly for the Houston Museum is finished but I have started another one, this time with a lot of yellow so it will be like the one in the poem. I shall take it to Maldon with me on Saturday so that I can cut back the layers while I am stewarding at our FET exhibition.