Thursday 29 July 2010

1 sleep left.


Diane popped round today with her R.R.C. Due to life being a bit hectic, it was decided to have two months to turn the fabric into a vessel. This fabric was made by Margaret, quilted by Nickie, cut up and stitched into a different shape by Debbie, made into a vessel by Diane and now I have to embellish it. I got the idea from a Quilting Arts article earlier in the year . At the beginning of September we will have a get together to give the completed vessel back to its owner. I wonder how the others are getting on, I haven't seen or heard that they have swapped yet.
Talking of Q.A., I got the latest copy when I went to Craft Arena delivering posters for the F.E.T exhibition, I also managed to get the black velvet ribbon I needed for my' butterfly.' Denise is very kindly donating the magazine 'Stitch' to our group of Y.E.


Sue from Tylers Patch persuaded me (I didn't need a lot! LOL) to look at the handmade Fimo buttons and beads in the shop next door to her. I just couldn't resist these beads and pencil, very reasonable too.

Today's baking is Scrumptious Slice to take away on holiday. I just love this, marzipan, apricots, coconut and chocolate in flaky pastry. Another very quick and easy recipe if anyone wants, just forget about the diet!





This evening, after many interruption's, I have made for a friend but I can't post a picture yet as she reads this blog.

I've cleaned the house, filled the fridge and freezer for my son and his friends , the packing is all done ready for the off tomorrow.

4 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Have a lovely holiday! I am going to have a go at the Scrumptious Slice over the weekend, my family all love petit pain au chocolat

Julie said...

Have a good journey and a wonderful holiday. Hope the sun shines for you :)

Shane Pollard said...

Hello Sharne

Nice to meet you!
I'm on Caroles class too, but I've been sick for a while and I'm just making my journal now!
I'll post some pics next week on our class blog.

Your blog looks very interesting so I've just joined so I don't miss out on any of your ventures in the arty world!

Please come and visit me and I'll get out my prettiest teacups and make YOU very welcome!!

See you in class!!
Shane

Craft Arena said...

Have a good holiday and take a little time to relax! See you when you get back.