Tuesday 7 April 2009

Schoolhouse Arts update.

My morning started off with a dash to Chelmsford library to help with the take down of our Embroiderer's Guild exhibition. A lot of the work had been collected on the Sunday so there was not a lot for me to do. The library were very pleased with the exhibition and the feedback that they had had.
I then had to go to a local plant nursery to look for a 60th birthday present for a very good friend. I didn't buy anything for her but found a lovely sheer in a copper colour, just what I need for the vessel I am hoping to make next.
We had a quick meeting last night to run over the final details for the up and coming workshops we are running at Schoolhouse Arts. Margaret is teaching silk paper jewellery on her workshop at the end of this month. On our dabble day we are going to make a wet felt bead necklace, a dry felt stone and a bowl on the embellisher. I will need to make some more samples before that workshop in June. The renovations to the Schoolhouse should be completed in time for the workshop that Pauline Verrinder is giving for us. We only have a few spaces left for her Boogie with books workshop. All workshops are £20, there may be a small additional charge for materials.
My car went to the garage to be mended so I am now house-bound. I hope to get some sewing done!

No comments: