Saturday 4 April 2009

Free chocolate


This morning our Embroiderer's Guild ran a 'stitch a square' morning at Chelmsford library to promote our Guild. One lady who had stitched nothing but buttons before was brave enough to have a go and she did really well. She says she is going to come to our next meeting. We also have two youngsters who are keen to join our Young Embroiderer's Section. The yellow square was stitched by an eight year old and can't wait until Christmas when she will be old enough to join Y.E. Everyone who came along for the two mornings have said how much they have enjoyed themselves and show interest in joining our Group. A worthwhile exercise.
The girls were were very proud of their work and rightly so, and posed for me with their work.
The exhibition at the library finishes tomorrow, so I shall be back there on Monday to help take it down. I needed to get some beads for my map as I want to put a beaded picot edging along the top. I had some beads left over from a necklace I made sometime ago so I had to go to Franklins to try and match them up. Walking down the town , I was given a free Lindt chocolate by this lovely young man.
The map has now been cut to echo the stitched waves, and as I was unable to find the beads in Chelmsford or Basildon, I shall be searching on the Internet tonight. After trudging round the shops, it was warm enough to sit in the garden and chill with a nice cup of tea.

1 comment:

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

What a lovely day, Sharne. Those littles girls are showing lots of talent already, I love their little stitched pieces. I wish a stitching group was available to me at that age!

Enjoy your Sunday,Carolyn xx