Wednesday 21 July 2010

While my bread is soaking ready to make a bread pudding, I thought I would quickly do a posting about today.
Denise of Craft Arena is doing her Diploma in Embroidery, and she has to make a vessel. I love making vessels, so I said I was happy to go along for a couple of hours to see what we could come up with. Denise already had her design source, so it was time to play. Stitching an image that had been printed on abbacca tissue.

Then out cam the paints.

Then the exciting bit, the Ice Resin.

Having coated the different experimental bits with the resin, we have to wait until tomorrow to see the results-can't wait!!!!
While we were playing/exchanging ideas, Miriam and Sheila both of Chelmsford Embroiderers' Guild, happened to pop in.
They enjoyed looking at the exhibition in the new gallery and then....


in spite of her good intentions, Miriam ended up spending her money. :0)

3 comments:

Craft Arena said...

OMG! That's the last time I wear that skirt this side of the diet! Had a lovely day with you though Sharne. The Ice Resin is still a bit sticky so hopefully I got the measuring right and it will be OK tomorrow.

Miriam Weaver said...

Ditto OMG!

I had a lovely day, as usual should have left my purse at home!!!!

Have a fun day tomorrow.

Sarah Anderson said...

Hi Sharne, I'm sitting next to you in Carole's class lol! That ice resin sounds fun, how exciting to see what the pieces turn out like tomorrow :)