Saturday 20 March 2010

Playing with paint and paper

The drama teacher at school, had to leave very suddenly due to ill health quite a few weeks ago. On Monday we are having a retirement do for her, we have had a collection and all signed a huge card. I decided today that I wanted to make her a retirement angel to wish her well. I have used text from Midsummer- Night's Dream' on the dress and I have stamped and painted the face, it took me several attempts to get the face right, wings made from vellum.
On Monday I have to email the Round Robin gang to let them know where they have to send their fabric too for the next step of the Challenge.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

wow - this is such a good idea! Love it. I am currenlty sat with youngest trying to make paper dolls - except in his case it's a paper robot all with paper fasteners and card/paper - such fun, it's taking me back to my childhood!

Amelia.x

Amelia said...

PS. if you want to know more about the experimental art e-course, please do email me here: ameliacritchlow@hotmail.com and I can let you know. There are a few places left, I'm sure you would be a great creative addition to the group if you do want to join ;)

Amelia.x

Anonymous said...

Sharne, what a great idea - and what fun!