Saturday 9 January 2010

Snow dyeing experiment 2.

When I was in Craft Arena getting some Evolon, I saw Denise's snow dyeing in process. So rather than waiting to see her results, I decided to have a go using the QA instructions. The dyes used are Procion bright green and midnight blue. My mother had given me some money for Christmas to buy something I wanted, so I also bought a flower stitcher, something I have wanted for some time, but couldn't justify buying one. Sarah has got a video on U Tube showing how to use this gadget. In my local craft shop I found these tiny buttons. Yesterday I had, had to colour some very small buttons with Staz On. to go on my vessel because I couldn't find any buttons this small in the right colour. Typical!!
But they wont go to waste As I have now painted my book cover I will use some of the new buttons to embellish it.

2 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

You are always so industrious. Your book cover is lovely and shall watch your snow dyeing with interest. We didn't get enough for me to try this! I blogged your beautiful button bracelet today (on RED). Thank you! It has received some lovely comments :o)

Have a lovely weekend
Carolyn ♥

vintagerockchick said...

Snow dyeing? That's definitely taking advantage of the weather.
Did you know you can dye buttons with disperse dye - it's really easy and the results are fab (pics on my blogpost 27th November) x