Saturday 21 November 2009

Kantha workshop

Libby, a member of East, was our tutor today, and soon had us stitching Kantha patterns. The hall was so quiet you could here a pin drop- I have never been in a room with fifteen ladies this quiet before!
Libby was very generous in letting us take photos of her work, and came round constantly to keep us on track, when we had problems with lik stitch.Libby (those of you who went to K& S will have seen her wonderful little books on the East stand) also demonstrated how to attach a shisha mirror.
Below are a few samples of her work


I love this little sewing caddy.
When I got home, I had a few bits to organise ready for Zac's birthday party tomorrow. Sam came round with the cake she had made for him as she need some black food colouring for George's eyes.
I have now applied Treasure gold ( stopped off on the way home from work yesterday and got some from Craft Arena) to my textured totem. I used pewter.

3 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

I love your textured totem, it really has developed. Sounds like you had a great day, I wish I could have gone too. Looking forward to seeing all the work at EG.

Miriam Weaver said...

I really like the totem, the workshop sounds brilliant, I love hand stitching, but then I love everything!!!!!

jackie said...

Your course sound great. The HEN courses are still available for sign up. Thanks for your comment and you will be in the draw.