Monday 12 October 2009

Goodies

This is not a very good picture of my positive and negative lino print , I tried taking the photo in several different areas but kept getting shadows. I will try and take a better picture in daylight. Here's my goodies that I got yesterday at Ally Pally- stencils, soy wax, beads, buttons, markals, wool, thread, a sheer fabric and the two new Double Trouble book. I also got something for lino printing, because as well as experimenting with different paints I want to try different materials for making the print blocks to see which one works best for me. So far I have found the 'lino' I got from Dicks Blicks several years ago is the easiest to carve, just wish I knew what is was called.
It has been a busy evening so far. Shortly after getting in from work I went out with my son to the pub, someone I knew and the mother of one of his friends died in Spain earlier in the year of cancer. I couldn't get to the lunchtime memorial service but went to the 'afters' at our village pub. I then cooked a vindaloo curry for our evening meal (from scratch) made sticky ginger cake, bread pudding and rocky road to take to work tomorrow.
I have also painted some Evalon and I am now going to attack it with the hairdryer as I want to make the lining for my vessel.

No comments: