Tuesday 25 August 2009

Dabbleing

I know I said I wasn't going to, but I did spend a little time today, on getting more bits sorted for school- then I had a small dabble with the new rust powder I bought from Craft Arena the other week.
I sponged acrylic wax through the stencil, sprinkled on the powder, shook off the excess, spritzed with cider vinegar and left it while I prepared the evening meal-stuffed marrow with fresh runner beans from the garden.

The rusting effect occurred quickly, this is the result after an hour. I am now going to put a coat of acrylic wax on top and I will put some stitching on, a tea break project I think.

I also made some paper fabric, painted with cerise and purple acrylic, (it's because I've been reading about the 60's and 70's) I might use this on my vessel idea I am working on. Also had a little dabble with my new paints,reverse printing, nothing wonderful to show, just wanted to see if it lived up to the sales blurb. Also had another dabble with drawing, pastels today instead of charcoal, lovely and messy.
Popped to Craft Arena to get some Hemmingworth purple thread, and I ended up picking up the wrong colour, too much talking to Denise. I'll have to go back and change it for the right purple-what a good excuse!

In school again tomorrow morning and then off to collect Kezzy from Cambridge.

No comments: