Monday 16 February 2009

Signs of spring



I spent the weekend in Buckingham, and although the snow that fell in Essex on Thursday night melted very quickly, there was still plenty of the white stuff at my mother's. In patches where the snow had melted it was lovely to see signs of spring. My mother is a very keen gardener and always has some colour in the garden all year round.
I spent the weekend working on Kokopelli II and this landscape, all hand stitching as I didn't want to take my machine away. The landscape will have some storm battered trees machine stitched on them some time this week-I hope!
Tonight we had our Embroiderer's Guild meeting and Joanna O'Neill was the speaker. She bought along wonderful work that she had done with velvet and discharge paste. The hanging that she is standing in front of was in the Double Trouble book 'Voluptuous Velvet'. It was a very amusing and informative evening and we hope that she is going to be coming back to do a workshop for us.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos Sharne. The site for the doll pattern is
www.oneredrobin.com hope you manage to get there this time.
Luv annette