Thursday 16 May 2013

And now....

 The final stitches were added today to the white peacock and so work has now started on his 'perch'.  After weeks of deliberation, I have decided to stand him on a sun dial. So, back in my playroom....
 Using craft vilene, I have constructed the sun dial and given it a coat of gesso, I've got lovely messy hands!  Tomorrow I will be using my metal effects paint on it to give it a weathered look, I hope any way.
 Every year when my tree paeony comes into flower, the blooms get spoilt by strong winds or heavy rains, and listening to the weather forecast, this year will not be any different.
Hubby made me this stream last Autumn, and it is lovely to see that all the spring flowers we planted have survived the winter.

5 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Peacock is beautiful.x

Wendy said...

he looks stunning on his podium, are you keeping him white?

Achter de schermen bij de Sprookjesboom said...

I love the Peacock, what a job! But it looks really beautiful.

Good work!

Jill said...

Your peacock is a triumph. And I'm rather envious of your garden stream.

Anonymous said...

What a stunner! The tail feathers are just amazing and being white, it's the textures that really stand out. Love your stream - what a wonderful garden feature!