Sunday 30 October 2011

Having fun.

I have been continuing with trying to draw items from my collection of natural items that I have been collecting.  This is  flower, Rudbeckia  I bought home from Mums garden.  Love those rich colours!
 With the conker, I had it to the right of the paper and when I moved it to take the photo, the reflections changed.
Another Rudbeckia, well all that's left of it.  All coloured with Inktense pencils.  I hen stopped drawing, because when I got my cauldron ( my witches handbag) down from the loft ready for the Halloween party I was going to on Saturday, it looked tired and in need of a face lift.
Unfortunately, I didn't do a before photo.  But here it is finished all apart from a sprinkling of ants that were added at the last moment.  I had great fun creating it from mount board, Tyvek, paints, bubble wrap, beads, pot scourer  and of course various toy bugs and creatures.  I lined the inside as well,l with wadding and felt to protect my mobile phone and camera.
As I had a 'new' handbag, I decided to go mad and decorate a pair of shoes that were about to be thrown away.  Permanent ink pen to draw the webs freehand, with a few spiders attached with a hot glue gun.

2 comments:

MLBetterly said...

Beautiful drawings and those shoes are AWESOME!!!!!!

Jill said...

I have to agree the shoes are really wild!!