Sunday 6 June 2010

Hilary Bower

Nickie and I spent the weekend at Missenden Abbey doing a course with Hilary Bower. This is the back of the Abbey, and yesterday morning as we sat here having a cup of coffee on the patio, we saw a mountjack and roe deer run across the lawn.We just had to take photo's of this wonderful tree, the branches were huge.
As this was Hilary's last course she is taking at Missenden, she was given some book vouchers to remember her students by.

We took the evening off so that we could sit in the garden and stitch rather than in a hot and stuffy classroom. The front garden where we were staying was wonderful, so again it meant taking more photo's.




We didn't get to sit in the back garden as we couldn't find the key, but while Nickie stitched I did the homework that Hilary had set me. Although I don't have any work to show for my weekend away, I have done a lot of thinking with the prompts from Hilary, as to which direction to take my work when I have finished the projects I am working on at the moment.
A lovely weekend, with lovely people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely time you had - a wonderful setting for creativity!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

I have never seen Missenden Abbey before it looks amazing and the grounds so beautiful.
It would be a dream to go on a course there.
M x

JP said...

love all the pictures - now need to see what you were stitching!!!

Linda said...

Its a beautiful tree,the grounds are lovely, looks a bit like some sort of cedar, we have them around the grounds of Osborne House too, Queeens Victoria's old residence