Monday 20 October 2008

F.E.S.T.

There does not seem to be many Saturdays when I don't have to be up early to travel somewhere, and this Saturday was no exception as Nickie and I were going to Cambridge for our first F.E.S.T. meeting run by Pauline Verrinder. What a lovely group of ladies they made us feel very welcome. Within minutes or so it seemed we were told about the exhibition we would be working towards-(in at the deep end or what!) this is to be held at Sutton Hoo next summer(6-21st June). It's very exciting but a bit scary too! As I am on half term I hope to find some spare time to go to London to the British Museum to see what they have there and my daughter wants to go to the Tate Modern so hopefully with another early start we should fit both in.

The afternoon was spent making a fabric, this was made on a frame using shirring elastic and fibres. It was then machine stitched. It has a lovely texture!







This is a W.I.P., using sheers and fibres, I have not yet machine stitched it, and I would like to create voids in areas. I might have time later, but as it is Embroiderer's Guild tonight, it might not happen. Pauline has also asked Nickie and I to teach at Tetiles in Focus which is held at Cottenham in February, so I need to make some samples for this- I have an idea buzzing around my head, but I need to make sure that it can be done in two hours.


Yesterday I popped to Barleylands to spend the voucher for Sugar and Spice,that I had been given from the girls at work for my birthday. I love these type of pressies.
I bought some heart ribbons, some 12x12 acetate sheets and some stamps. This is so that I can experiment with an idea I have for making a Valentine card. If it works I shall be doing it at Schoolhouse Arts next year.


I then went to Craft Arena to get Quilting Arts as they has an article by Maggie Grey in it, though they had forgotten to put her name on the article. I ended up buying two more books. I shall be doing a lot of reading while I am staying at my mother's next weekend! The 'Stitching on Metal' book I had seen on Dales blog but didn't see it Ally Pally last weekend. Denise is always very helpful, showing me all her new products that have arrived since my last visit. (Not long to pay day, thank goodness!)

No comments: