Monday 12 April 2010

KISS challenge

When hubby came to see what I had been doing yesterday with my sampling, he thought that the word 'love' didn't show up enough. So, in between trying to help Kezzy with her Shakespeare homework, I doodled on some paper to try and get clearer words. Hence sample number 5, just waiting for his comments. I shall stop work on this for a few days so that I can get on with........... My piece I am making for the KISS challenge. I have got a lot of stitching still to do, but I am really enjoying having some hand stitching on the 'go'.
I painted the base fabric with Procion dye and used a commercial black fabric. Though I put Bondaweb on the tree, I only lightly ironed it in place just enough to hold it, for me to hand stitch in place. I am now busy hand stitching the 'sky' with random straight stitch, this has to be finished by the end of this month.

2 comments:

Judy Martin said...

Your tree image is wonderful. It reminds me of one I did of the elm tree on the property I grew up on with an orange sky behind it.

Nice to read your blog.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Your tree is magnificent! Love the warm sky!