I painted the base fabric with Procion dye and used a commercial black fabric. Though I put Bondaweb on the tree, I only lightly ironed it in place just enough to hold it, for me to hand stitch in place. I am now busy hand stitching the 'sky' with random straight stitch, this has to be finished by the end of this month.
Monday, 12 April 2010
When hubby came to see what I had been doing yesterday with my sampling, he thought that the word 'love' didn't show up enough. So, in between trying to help Kezzy with her Shakespeare homework, I doodled on some paper to try and get clearer words. Hence sample number 5, just waiting for his comments. I shall stop work on this for a few days so that I can get on with........... My piece I am making for the KISS challenge. I have got a lot of stitching still to do, but I am really enjoying having some hand stitching on the 'go'.