Sunday, 26 July 2009

Rust dyeing

Couldn't blog last night as we went to a friends for a barbie.
A lovely day yesterday with Myfanwy learning how to rust dye. I can't post any pictures of samples as they are cooking in hubby's new shed. (I did get permission!) The samples would be ready for unwrapping this afternoon, but as we are off to my Mother's shortly, I will have to be patient and wait!

We started off tearing a selection fabrics so that we could make 12 samples, using 2 different techniques.

Once our bags were cooking, Myfanwy unwrapped her samples that she had made the previous night and passed round other samples of previously rust dyed fabric. An early lunch and then we got out our rusted bits we had collected for the next lot of samples, to find that they needed to be scrubbed first, if we didn't we could find that our sewing machine would get damaged.

Lots of interesting items were wrapped up and left to marinade with the mornings samples. Jock bought along the shop for those of us who needed some retail therapy!
It will interesting to see everyone's samples at our next E.G meeting. I will post photos of my samples next week.
Off to pack my bags now ready for the drive to Buckingham,I might just find my way to Rainbow Silks while I am at Mums.


Myfanwy said...

LOL, aren't you all hard at work! It was a good day, and I'm looking forward to seeing the samples.


Looking forward to seeing how they turn out. It's something I haven't done yet, but on the list!

Myfanwy said...

A second post here for you to see too.

Myfanwy said...

And the final post!