Wednesday 12 May 2010

Tonight's exercises.

I had to create a scene from a magazine or postcard without a paintbrush. I used natural sponge, cotton reel, an old dry baby wipe, lolly stick, coffee stirrer, cotton bud, pipe cleaner and credit card. Below is the image I tried to re-create from the magazine Lonely Planet. Loved every moment!

Also did a drawing exercise, and used the same vase as before, it's hard I find, getting the sides even.
Also did a bit more painting on this piece of fabric for the ALQS4, using Hundertwasser again for my inspiration.






2 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Oh wow Sharne! Love the painting. Also love your drawing of the vessel. It may have uneven sides but also has a beautiful charm about it. Thank you for showing us :o)

liniecat said...

Smashing interpretation of the african tree, must try the creating without a brush, and am def going to have go back to finger painting, havnt done that since I was a child I reckon!
Guess the fact that it is so hard to define an edge not using a brush, makes it all the more incredible that cave art looks so much like, what they were probably drawing back then!
Nice work, no wonder your enjoying doing it lol