Saturday 22 May 2010

Snapping away!

It was such a misty morning first thing, I couldn't see to the bottom of the field. But by 10 the sun was out and the roof came down on the car, the first time I have been able to do this since I got it last October. This is where we are having our exhibition in September. The centre is known for its embroidered hanging depicting the history of Maldon.
Before visiting the Centre we had a coffee as some had had quite a long journey. We went to the Kings Head and in the courtyard was ............


This plaque in memory of the gentleman who had lived here and weighed 44 stone! Just look how many people fitted into one of his coats.

I couldn't resist taking this picture of the menu, I thought I might one day, print some of them onto fabric.

After measuring up the centre we took a very slow walk down to the Prom, passing this dear little cottage smothered in Wisteria. Mine is still in tight buds.

As it was low tide the Thames barges were moored up, which gave us plenty of scope to take photos.

This tyre was on the deck of one of the barges, such neat rope work!
A fish and chip lunch, and we took lots more photo's, we spent quite a bit of time trying to catch a seagull in flight on camera, I managed to get lots of blue sky with just a tail feather in it. LOL!

This figure is a tribute to Byrhtnoth who led the battle against the Anglo Saxons, there was not enough path to take a photo without the sun being in the way.
Lots more photo's of the swans and cygnets, but I am only posting 1, so as not to bore anyone.
Love the reflection of the swans in the water.

On the way home I stopped at the Reservoir to take some photos of the trees reflecting in the water and couldn't resist taking one of the cow parsley. I had to lay on the grass verge to take it, I don't know what passing motorists thought!
I took 199 photos today, a lot I deleted but some I have been able to use for my art course.


Tonight I have done some work on my Hudertwasser style quilt. I should be doing my hanging for the exhibition but I need some hand stitching to take to my Mothers next weekend.

No comments: