Sunday 9 May 2010

FET

Had a great time playing on the embellisher today. We wound sheering elastic under tension onto a metal frame, wrapped fabrics on top and then embellished. My shirring elastic broke half way through, so didn't get the result I was supposed too, so I started to make a fabric cuff for someone at work.
The beads I bought yesterday were not really the right colours in daylight. Bonnie who is a member of FET has taken my samples away with her to get the right ones from me as she has a good bead supplier close to where she lives. As I couldn't do the beading on my flowers, I have done another exercise for the on-line art course. I had to cut out images from a book, which I find very hard, luckily there was a 2nd hand book stall at Cottenham, so I was able to but a distressed child's book to use.

Amelia is running this course again in June if you are interested in having an excuse to play with paints, papers and glue etc.

http://www.ameliacritchlow.co.uk/section354449.html

2 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Cutting up a book, that must have been very difficult. The Works have a lovely Alice in Wonderland book with original illustrations for £5.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I would be interested to hear more about what you were doing with the shirring elastic and wrapped fabrics on the embellisher. Are you going to have another go? I loved your interpretation of the Hundertwasser painting too. Lovely!

Have a good week
Carolyn ♥