Tuesday 28 October 2008

Found it!!!!

When I woke up this morning the sun was shining (though we had had a frost) just right for a day trip to Mersea. We got onto the Island just before high tide by the skin of our teeth. After a lunch of prawns bought from the local fishmonger it was time to go down to the beach- BUT- oh! what had happened to the sun? We had not been out walking for more than a few minutes when the skies opened, so I dashed into a local charity shop to keep dry. I have been on the look out for a Scrabble board for the last couple of weeks, I didn't mind if the pieces were missing, I just needed the board- and guess what? the charity shop had one (20p). So tonight I can at last start making the 'Blue Peter one I made earlier' book that we are going to be doing at Schoolhouse Arts in the New Year. We did not stay on the beach very long as the weather was bitter.
In fact it took my son an hour to get home from work ( normally a 15-20 minute journey ) because of this- SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Pauline has O.K.'d my postcard workshop for Textiles in Focus- I just need to think up a catchy title-duh!!!!!!!!
Off to London tomorrow, to the British Museum (looking for inspiration for the Sutton Hoo exhibition) and if we have time, my daughter has now chosen the Natural History Museum instead of Tate Modern to visit as well.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have arrived here from Dale's blog and see that we're both following Maggie Grey too. Your blog is very interesting, not least because you are talking about places that I am familiar with. I was born in Chelmsford and my Mum lives on Canvey Island. I've been a Lincolnshire yeller belly since 1970 when I came to college but it's good to be reminded of home. I shall add you to my bloglines.