Thursday, 7 April 2011

Something to show.

My hand stitching at work has been little birdhouses, similar to the ones  the Young Embroiderers' made the other weekend.  I asked Libby for a copy of the pattern so I could make two for my Grandsons for Easter.  It has been a challenge not to make them too girly,  but I just had to embroider some flowers on the sides.
I mounted the birdhouse on foam core board covered in crumpled brown paper, (it was balanced on the flower pot just while I took the photo's)  For the roof I used Grungepaper, which I cut on my Big Shot, painted and then rubbed over with metallic wax.  I made a different shape bird too, just to make it different, covered in a page from an old song book that dates back to 1927 ( I bought it from a charity shop, and it was falling to pieces, that is the only reason that I can use it in my work).
I now need to get the second one finished, then buy some Easter Eggs to put inside.

2 comments:

dianehobbit said...

Lovely to see the finished bird house.

ju-north said...

Great idea! and lots of other uses for them!