Sunday 7 November 2010

Two down, two to go.

We had a good morning at Writtle, we have managed  to get a lot sorted out.  It was lovely to see the blue sky after the grey skies yesterday, couldn't resist a picture of the sky through this tree.  I thought it was a walnut tree, but on looking up the name when I got home, found out it is called Indian Horse Chestnut.
 I collected some of the nuts for Diane  to draw or paint for her project.
I have manged to stitch two sides to my sample vessel, not sure when I will get the other two on.

5 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Thank you. Writtle College is a wonderful place, I really enjoyed the two years I spent their studying City & Guilds in gardening.

Anonymous said...

That's a new one to me too. I've never seen and Indian Chestnut. They're very interesting "conkers" Not edible I suppose?

JP said...

love your nuts!!!!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Beaautiful fall colors! I have some opf those chestnuts in a bowl for display, Aren't they fun!
Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck!
Lynn

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Orange leaves against a blue sky...perfect.x