Thursday 4 November 2010

Today.

As Kezzy was well enough to go back to school today, I decided that I would go to the new Hobbycraft that has opened in Chelmsford.  It is bigger than the Basildon Branch, so I was able to find some lovely embellishments to stash away for a rainy day.   
I have continued working on my vessels.  Here the pieces have all been painted with emulsion to seal the vilene.
The small vessel pieces were then painted in turquoise.
 When that coat was dry, I then applied a coat of silver paint.
This vessel has had Goldens Nickel Azo Gold painted on it.
I bought some glass slides several years ago and only recently found the frames to mount them in.  While waiting for the paint to dry, I had a play.  The butterfly embellishment is from a pair of earrings I bought from Primark- not to wear but to re-purpose. (coloured with alcohol ink)  They cost £2 and had 18 butterflies on them, so plenty more for other projects!

3 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

The vessels are lready looking great. I am looking forward to seeing them at Craft Arena on your demo day. So jealous of you going to hobbycraft yesterday, but I'm glad it is a better store than Basildon.

Unknown said...

Now I feel the need to experiement with a pair of bargin £2 Butterfly earings I just brought from Dorothy Perkins for a possible Chrimbo present for someone. Great idea, Im really enjoying your page.
Have you seen this blog Kitty Tales for Two Cats Crafts they are a local craft supplies. I couldnt copy the link but they are on my list of follows

JP said...

the vessels sound exciting - glad you and Kezzie are feeling better