Sunday 15 October 2017

You can guess where I went Friday!

What a lovely way to celebrate a birthday- at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexander Palace.  I went with my friend Diane, who kindly drove me in her lovely little sports car, another +!! 
The traffic was kind to us and we got there as the doors opened. The first person we saw was Lynda Monk aka Purple Missus, a  member of the exhibiting textile group we all used to belong to.  It was good to catch up on her news and we had to buy her latest book. 


I had a chat with Jo Beattie, I can't believe it was three years ago, that I first spoke to her and admired her work. Interesting to see how her work has developed since then. 
After looking at her work, it was a quick hello and 'thank you' to Ann Small, as she was very busy talking to interested stitcher's.  The day went far too quickly, lots of lovely exhibitions to admire and stalls to tempt us to part with our money.  I got most things on my list and a few extras that I just couldn't resist! 

My stash, I unpacked it yesterday, as I ran out of time once I got in from Ally Pally.  As I was home alone, I had time to put everything away tidily so I know where to find it when it is needed. 
Home alone meant time to do something creative so, I cut out another felt hare, using wool felt this time, rather than a mixture of wool and rayon/viscose and worked on my man. It always surprises me how much stuffing  dolls take! 

 Today, being so sunny and mild, has been spent in the garden, pottering. It was so warm we were able to eat lunch by the stream and even had a late afternoon cup of tea without needing thick cardigans- bliss!  Feeling nicely relaxed, ready for work tomorrow.
Have a good week!

1 comment:

Diane Kelsey said...

Such a wonderful day. Not long until half term with more play days and Cornwall x