Thursday 28 September 2017

Another body on the table.

I have had a busy few nights so not got as quite as much done as I had hoped, but spending
 time with family and friends is very  special and not to be missed. 
It also means I get to do more cooking - one pudding and two cakes.
Early in the summer to raise funds for a little boy, Jacob 's cancer treatment, there was a raffle for a beautiful textile hare. Unfortunately I couldn't find out how to bid on it, so someone else is the lucky owner of it.  It made me decide to have a go at making one for myself, especially as I had seen one, (the first for a very long time) on a  steam train journey in the Lake District.  I bought the pattern from Emma Hall, and it was all stitched, stuffed and constructed ready for me to do my own thing on it, Sunday while hubby was at Duxford. Going with the theme of hares gazing at stars or the moon, I have painted him in Prussian Blue and stencilled little stars over him. Now to work on his face.

 I have also started work on another doll, another male, and in the very early stages of construction.

No comments: