Sunday 8 March 2009

Hyland's House


As the sun was shining brightly, I decided against getting back to my school reports after breakfast, instead I went to Hyland's House to see the E.H.A. exhibition.(Essex Handicrafts Association) My daughter went armed with sketch book, pencils and camera to get in some drawing practice ready for starting G.C.S.E.'s next year. The grounds there are full of wonderful old trees. Within a very short time of getting there, it turned too cold for her to draw, so she waited in the car with Hubby, while I enjoyed the exhibits. Photos are not allowed to be taken inside the house because of the flash causing damage, which was a pity as there was some lovely work on show. It was lovely to see so many people I know who are involved with textiles, so as well as enjoying the exhibits I also enjoyed a good natter. Denise from Craft Arena was there, and she has had some new Valdani threads in. Guess what? One of the new colours is just the right very dark green have been looking for. for some time. I now have a stitching project to take to work with me!
I have now finished my reports and can start playing!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Years ago I used to walk through the woods behind Hyland House from my aunt's farm outside Writtle. At that time the house was closed up. One of these days I shall have to go and have a look. Thanks for reminding me.

Thank you too for your tip for my stamps. I've got loads of corks so I'll give it a try.:o)

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
My first comment on your blog. Read back posts too.
Reports - I remember them well.When I retired I was teaching Y6 so I had the SATS, the annual parent's reports and the secondary reports to do. Overload!!!
I am thoroughly enjoying my retirement and don't know how I had the time to work.
Now it is just lots and lots of creative textile work.
Are you going to sell your tree piece??
Cheers
Shirley

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Sharne, thanks for leaving a comment on my textile blog. I have just added your blog to my blogroll on LOVE STITCHING RED so I can pop over to see you again!

Have a great creative day
Carolyn Saxby :o)
LOVE STITCHING RED