Monday 16 March 2009

Embroiderer's Guild meeting

Our monthly meeting was tonight and Pat Trott came to give a talk on Mountmellick work. (sorry I forgot to take photo's) I have never tried this technique, which originates from Ireland. It was a very amusing, interesting and informative talk. Not only did we learn about Mountmellick work we also learnt about all ins and outs of getting a book published. I have also managed to get a place on the Myfanwy Hart class being run by our Guild in July-dyeing to rust. I shall now have to start looking out for rusty bits. Art Van Go is coming to our Guild next month, Viv is demonstrating AND bringing the van!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

What fun! Pat is lovely so I'm sure you had a great time.

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
Getting a book published is a long process but such a buzz when it it happens.
Give my regards to both Myfanwy and Viv when you see them. I know both ladies. Viv stayed with me once and the 'van' was on my drive.
Cheers
Shirley

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

Did you have a go at mountmellick work? I haven't tried it, but I like the look of it. Lots of work in it though, I think!

I hope you enjoy your rust dyeing workshop with Myfanwy. I am doing a Myfanwy Hart workshop in the summer on the embellisher. Have a great creative week, best wishes, Carolyn