Thursday, 2 June 2011

Finished!

At last!! I have finished embellishing the book I started on the Lynda Monk workshop I went to the other week.  Following the theme of the sewing pattern that was used to make the cover (technique for this, is on this months WOW) I used an old tape measure, coloured with alcohol inks for the tie closures, a Tim Holtz die was used to cut  the mannequin which was covered with an advert from an old Needlewoman & Needlework magazine from 1961, it was then heat embossed to protect it. I coloured the press studs with alcohol inks too, as I didn't have any black ones.  I can't wait to see how everyone else finished their books at our next Embroiderers' Guild meeting

5 comments:

dianehobbit said...

Another job! Such a great workshop and having tidied up my sewing room this week, I found some Khadi paper.

Miriam Weaver said...

It looks brilliant Sharne!

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, It works very amazing, cool and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

underatopazsky said...

I love the antique bronze colours in this and they work really well with the dressmaking pattern tissue.

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

A beautiful book cover Sharne, how lucky to have been on a Lynda Monk workshop xx