Sunday 15 May 2011

V&A

 One of my friends at work invited me to go with her to the talk on 'A history of Embroidery' at the V&A yesterday .  We had a lovely day, although getting there was a bit of a problem as there was engineering works on some the Underground lines to South Kensington.  We had a fortyfying cup of cofee in the restaraunt listening to music being played on a grand piano, wonderful!! 
The talk was by Alistair MacLeod of the Hand and Lock Company, who came to our Guild  earlier in the year, wearing a different outfit too! 
 
 A late lunch outside in the Courtyard, in the sunshine.  We managed to see the Yohji Yamamoto and The Cult of Beauty exhibitions. Loved the Rossetti and Whistler paintings, I could have spent longer here than we did.
I had switched my phone off while in the lecture theatre and when I switched it back on, I had a message from Kezzy to say that she was up the hospital as she had hurt her foot.
Luckily it wasn't serious, just  a torn ligament. 

2 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Poor Kezzy, bet you felt guilty for not seeing the message earlier. Love the hoodie in the background! I really must make an effort to visit the V&A and other museums this summer.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hope Kezzy's getting around on her crutches ok xx