Friday 3 November 2017

Cornwall-day 6.

 I was out walking for nearly 2 hours before breakfast, I shall miss doing this next week when I am back home in Essex.

 Looking through one of the arches on the harbour wall at the town.


This is normally behind metal gates, but today they were left open, so I popped in to get this photo. After breakfast, it was down to the Surf Shack, our favourite cafe in St. Ives, ( best hot chocolate served here) especially when you can get the table by the open window, looking out over the harbour.
When we get home, one of our first jobs will be to plant up the new flower bed in the front garden.  Hardy Exotics Nursery is a nursery we visit every time we come here as they stock such unusual plants as well as some more common varieties.  
 is



This plant is one of several, coming back to Essex, it has red velvet stems- Salvia Confertiflora, an evergreen shrub. 

It was then on to Penzance, I needed to go back to Wooly Sues, to get some wool to finish my throw.


For my husbands 70th birthday, my children brought him afternoon tea.
It was a very lovely end to the final day our holiday. We had a table looking across Penzance Bay to St. Michaels Mount. There was so much to eat we left with a doggy bag.
Back to St. Ives as dusk was falling. 12 obelisks on the beach tonight.

We will be leaving here tomorrow morning, and I hope to get to have one more walk along the beach. It has been a lovely week.

2 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Have you booked already for 2018?

Sharne Gregory said...

Not yet! We will do soon.