Monday 21 November 2011

Jae Maries.

We have 75 members now at our Branch and I think they must have all turned up tonight to hear Jae Maries, the room was buzzing!!
 Jae showed us samples of her work and then a slide show of work by many varied artists showing how stitch had been used in their work.  Jae will be back in Chelmsford on Saturday, as she is doing a workshop for our Branch.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a place and was on the reserve list.   Tonight a place  became available but I have now made other arrangements to go out for the day  :0(  I shall have to see what everyone has created at our next meeting.

First of all, there was sock monkey, now, glove dog.  My' Blue Peter one I made earlier' for the January meeting of YE.  It cost 50p for the pair of gloves, thank you Primark, and everything else, I already had in my playroom.

3 comments:

georgi said...

sewing is great...can't do it now...but used to love it! great blog ...good luck on your quilts!

Diane Kelsey said...

Need to make my dog and a pig! They are such fun, I love making sock monkeys.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Looks like a wonderful time. The dog is so cute!