Monday 24 October 2011

I have been trying to improve my drawing skills, trying to do  something nearly everyday. 
With all the signs of Autumn, it is not hard to be stuck for items to draw. 
 Horse chestnut shells were coloured with Inktense pencils.
                                                                                                                                                                                           I liked how the Inktenese colours blended when water was applied
 so used it also for the acorn and the Spanish Oak leaf.

W.I.P.

Finished leaf.


 
                                                                                                                                                                                    With the snowberries, I decided to use Graphitint for a change.  Not happy with the colouring as they do not have a yellow in the range to get the right shade of green that I needed.  I will use these pencils for drawing landscapes, as the colours will be more suited I think.  Back to using my Inktense pencils.

2 comments:

Beverley said...

Thanks to your drawings Sharne you've identified a plant for me. I've tried for ages to find out what its called - and now I know - Snowberry!!!
I tried drawing a day... but soon lapsed into playing with paints, making marks and splodges - so very best of luck.

Jill said...

I love my new tin of Inktense pencils - especially love the sloes, you've captured the bloom beautifully.