Monday 31 October 2011

10 down, 2 to go!!!!

My October pages completed, so many birthday's in this month, that in the end I stopped writing them in, it would almost have been a page of cakes!!lol!
The Halloween embellishments were made with paper clay and hand painted.

 Well, this month had to have fireworks  as my theme.  2 attempts to get the background right.  I started off with Brusho, but I didn't get the depth of colour that I wanted, so back to acrylic paint, with colour sprays on top when dry.
The exploding firework shapes I cut out on my cricut, embellished with glitter glue and then sprinkled lots more glitter in various colours.
Hop along to Kates blog to see the work of others taking part in this year long challenge.
P.S   OOOOOOOPPPPPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I posted this a day too early

15 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Another great page. Hope you enjoy Trick or Treat tonight!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Your spiderwebs are divine, and I love the blasts of color in your November page.

stopping by from The Kathryn Wheel

Wildflowerhouse said...

I'm loving your ghosts!!!!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Spectacular fireworks to journal on. Have a wonderful November.

Astrid Maclean said...

October filled in looks fantastic!! Love the idea of the firework theme of November! Happy Guy Fawkes when it comes!

Luna Art said...

I love your pages! The silver cobweb on oct looks fantastic (what is paper clay though, i have never heard of it!).Novembers fireworks look stunning! x

Crafting Queen said...

Great page, love the shapes on the November pages.

sandra de said...

Wonderful details you have added to both pages.

McMGrad89 said...

I think there were several of us who were very excited to post our calendar pages early. It's a fun activity. I love the sparkly background of your page. Have fun filling it up.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your pages for October and November are a riot of colour, so lovely! Valerie

Caro said...

Both of your pages are great. And they go well together with the colours.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous pages! Love your choice of colours, especially that background for November! Look forward to seeing more!

Sandra Hall said...

Love your orange and purple combo for October and also the vibrant colours for November... very cheery when the weather can often be dull :D

thekathrynwheel said...

Wonderful pages. November is a fabulous explosion of colour! Only one month to go, can you believe it?! Thanks for linking up for the challenge, Kate :-)

flutterbycrafter said...

Love your October page and November's is a wonderful glory of colour, fantastic